It’s no secret that people are looking for ways to improve their lives. Whether it be by eating healthier or learning new skills, there’s something about striving for self-improvement that drives us all.
As an employer, you know the value of investing in your employees’ development and providing them with opportunities to learn new skills and gain experience—and this is especially true if you’re running a remote team.
Having said this, there are many ways to provide your employees with training without needing them all in one physical space.
What is Online Training Software?
Online training software or an application is a tool that allows you to create engaging, interactive courses for your employees. The software allows you to use a combination of text, video, and images to deliver information in a way that is easy for people to understand and retain.
The online training app can also be used as a testing tool by allowing learners to access course material at any time through the internet.
Online training programs are particularly useful when it comes to delivering content across multiple platforms or languages because they don’t require any additional translation or localization efforts by your developers or IT teams as traditional e-learning solutions do.
That means you can put together an online learning program using just one source language with global reach without having any extra costs related directly to translation or localization initiatives on top of what’s already there within your enterprise resource planning (ERP) system(s).
How to Choose the Right Online Training Software?
- What are your training needs?
- What are your training goals?
- What is your budget?
- What is your timeline?
- How will you use the platform?
The answers to these questions will help you narrow down the best solutions available. Keep the following factors in mind when choosing an online training app or software:
- Cost: Find out how much your chosen online training solution will cost you per employee or student, including any setup fees and ongoing subscription costs.
- Integration: Make sure that the software integrates with other business systems you use, such as HR or CRM. For example, if you need to display employee data on a course page, make sure that this is possible with your chosen software – it should come as standard with most products but it’s worth checking first!
- Customization options: They are available within the platform and provide organizations with more flexibility. The options are executed while creating content and retaining quality control standards across all courses. This makes them accessible to employees from anywhere at any time regardless of device type/operating system used.
This means that user experience remains consistent across all platforms since everyone gets access through one account which makes logging in very easy too!
Make sure it has all the features you need
When you’re looking for online training software, make sure it has all the features you need. Many online training software products have a free trial so that you can test them out. When considering whether or not to buy, try to think of your needs and how they will be met by the product.
All in all, choosing the most suitable online training apps is not an easy task. In the end, choosing the most suitable training software is not an easy task.
You need to consider your company’s goals and budget as well as the needs of your employees and instructors.
Top 21 Online Training Software of 2022
Mindflash is a leading provider of online training software. It offers a wide range of features, including e-learning and collaboration tools that enable employees to build skills in the areas that are most important to their roles.
Mindflash’s platform has been used by more than 10,000 organizations worldwide, and it has a large number of users and customers.
LearnUpon is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that offers a wide range of features. LearnUpon is a good fit for companies that are looking for an LMS that offers a wide range of features.
LearnUpon has been around for more than 10 years and has been used by thousands of organizations. The platform supports collaboration, content creation and delivery, reporting, analytics, and much more.
It comes with features like mobile apps that allow you to access courses on the go via your smartphone or tablet; its integrated eCommerce solution allows learners to purchase digital or physical products through their training portal.
It also includes social media integration so learners can share their achievements on Facebook or Twitter; there’s even an app marketplace where you can find applications built specifically for the LearnUpon platform.
TalentLMS is a cloud-based learning management system that lets you build an online training platform for your employees, partners, and customers. It has a large number of features like:
- Learning Paths (also called courses)
- Lesson Plans
- Quizzes/Tests (with automatic grading)
- Surveys with feedback/survey questions
4. Absorb LMS
Absorb LMS is a learning management system that runs in the cloud and is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese.
It’s used by companies like Coca-Cola and Hewlett-Packard to train their employees. The system allows administrators to customize a course platform so they can easily track their employees’ progress and provide them with new content.
Absorb also offers an app for tablets or smartphones so users can access courses on the go (because we all need constant training). In addition to these features—and many more.
Absorb provides a plethora of training resources such as articles; videos; simulations; quizzes; self-assessments; discussion forums; collaborative spaces for teams within an organization who wish to communicate with each other about coursework completion status updates etc.
5. Adobe Captivate Prime
Adobe Captivate Prime is an easy-to-use, versatile software for creating interactive e-learning courses. It can be used to create everything from simple videos to highly interactive quizzes and games.
The interface is intuitive, with easy drag and drop functionality that makes it a breeze to create your course content.
Adobe Captivate Prime comes with built-in templates that are designed for specific learning objectives such as communication skills or compliance training. These templates make it easier than ever before for you to get started on your new project!
You can also use the templates as a starting point and customize them further according to your needs by adding your text or graphics to the slides.
As far as features go, Adobe Captivate Prime offers just about everything you could need: video recording/editing capabilities; slide editing tools; audio mixing capabilities; online hosting options; plus more!
Docebo is an LMS, which means it’s a learning management system. It’s also a powerful teaching and learning platform that helps you create engaging courses and deliver them in the most convenient way possible. It offers the following features:
- A robust set of tools to build your own MOOCs (massive open online courses) or micro-courses.
- A platform that supports collaboration among students and teachers, including synchronous interactions such as chat rooms, forums, and polls.
SkillJar is an online training software that helps you create and deliver engaging learning experiences for your employees.
SkillJar is a cloud-based learning platform that helps you create, deliver and track learning content. You can build courses from scratch or use pre-built templates to quickly get started, including quizzes, surveys, videos, and more.
The platform allows you to manage your entire LMS in one place so you can access it on any device at any time.
Easygenerator is a tool for creating and delivering online training. With Easygenerator, you can create courses in minutes that are highly engaging and interactive. Your learners will enjoy learning from your expertly-designed courses on their desktop, browser, or mobile device.
9. Digitec Pro
Digitec Pro is a cloud-based training and assessment platform that helps companies train their employees. The software is used by more than 2 million users in over 100 countries, and it’s also used by more than 600 companies. Some of the most popular Fortune 500 companies using Digitec Pro include Walmart, Nike, and Volvo XC90.
It’s no wonder why this online training software has become so popular – with its easy-to-use interface and intuitive navigation, you can make your courses very quickly without any prior experience or technical skills required.
Such tools include built-in templates, multimedia content integration tools such as video recordings and images, quizzes at various levels of complexity, as well as assessments containing drag & drop exercises or time pressure tasks that you need to finish within a given amount of time before moving on to next item/task, etc.
Coursera offers hundreds of courses from top universities around the world including Johns Hopkins University, Duke University, University of Michigan, and others so there’s something for everyone here!
You won’t find many free courses here but if you’re looking for quality education without paying tuition costs then this might be worth checking out first before going ahead with any paid options instead!
Lynda is an online learning platform that offers free tutorials in hundreds of different fields with an easy-to-use interface that allows you to learn at your own pace.
If you want to take it further though, you can subscribe for a monthly fee that gives you access to their full library of courses or purchase individual classes or bundles directly from them (which often cost less than what you’d find elsewhere).
Epoint is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that helps you build, deliver and measure your online training. Epoint has everything you need to create engaging courses and set up your LMS so it’s easy for users to access. You can track progress with reports, see where your learners need help and continuously improve courses based on learner feedback.
Epoint is great if you’re looking for an affordable LMS that’s easy to use. Epoint doesn’t charge extra fees or require contracts—you pay only for what services you use each month.
D2L is an online training software used by many universities, colleges, and K-12 schools. D2L provides robust tools to support the needs of instructors, students, and administrators across all disciplines. For example:
- Instructors can use D2L to deliver highly interactive online courses from any device (PC or Mac) with a web browser.
- Students can access their courses 24/7 on any device (PC or Mac) with a web browser.
- Administrators can manage their entire LMS with one system that spans multiple campuses through a single login—including reporting, analytics, and mobile apps for instructors and students on iOS or Android devices.
LatitudeLearning is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that offers a full suite of features designed to help you deliver effective, engaging, and interactive training to your employees.
- Course Catalog Management: Manage all of your courses in one place with an easy-to-use catalog tool. Organize and curate content into collections that align with the needs of your organization.
- Content Publishing Tools and Templates: Create engaging training content with our simple templates so you can focus on what matters most—delivering results for learners! Get started now by taking guidance from our helpful tutorials or check out our library of free templates created by expert trainers from around the world.
ReadyTech Learning is a robust, easy-to-use online training software that’s fully customizable to fit any company’s needs.
It features an intuitive user interface and seamless integration with other applications, making it easy for you to use ReadyTech’s training materials in conjunction with your existing systems.
You can also use ReadyTech on multiple devices—from desktops and laptops to smartphones and tablets—and with multiple users at the same time, allowing you to deliver round-the-clock instruction in real-time through video or audio streaming.
If you’d like tailored support for specific languages or styles of learning, ReadyTech can provide them as well.
WizIQ is software that allows you to create interactive courses, quizzes, and tests. If you want to build your own learning platform, WizIQ is the right option for you. The main features of this software are:
- The ability to create up to five courses per month on the free plan.
- An intuitive design editor (no coding required).
- A variety of templates for different types of courses (courses with videos, slideshows, or even games).
With these features in mind and many more, WizIQ is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to build their own online training platform quickly and easily!
ZohoShowtime is a cloud-based software that allows you to create and deliver online courses. This software is great for teachers, trainers, and online course creators alike. The platform lets you create interactive presentations with audio narration and quizzes.
You can also add videos to it, so you can make your lessons more interesting and entertaining.
In addition to creating custom training content, you can use ZohoShowtime’s built-in library of pre-made courses as well as its eCommerce store where users can purchase these courses directly from the platform itself.
Businesses who want to deliver online training should check out ZohoShowtime because it has all the features needed by companies looking for an effective training solution.
Easygenerator is an online training software that allows you to create your training modules.
The main feature of Easygenerator is its ability to create interactive and engaging online training modules for employees and customers.
You can also use this tool for creating eLearning courses or even for building a gamified learning program for yourself. Here are some of the features of Easygenerator:
- Multi-user support: You can create different sections in your module and share them with multiple users at the same time.
- Interactive quizzes: This feature helps learners test their knowledge, which helps them retain information better than any other method because they get something out of it themselves rather than just listening passively or reading passively through static pages on a website like Wikipedia or YouTube (though those are great too).
Learn-WiseGo is an online training platform that allows you to create your courses. Using the drag and drop editor, you can create engaging lessons in minutes. The course creator makes it easy for anyone with no coding skills to produce rich content, including videos and interactive quizzes.
Learn-WiseGo also supports rich media like images, PDFs, audio files, and even video recordings from YouTube or Vimeo!
It is a browser-based tool that works perfectly on mobile devices too. Whether you’re using an iPhone or Android device—or any other web-capable smartphone—you can access your course content anytime anywhere without having to install any software.
Does the drag & drop editor make creating courses as simple as clicking on what kind of activity you want your learner to do next: quiz questions? Discussion forums? Slide presentations? Images? Videos? There’s no limit!
Pathgather is a learning management system for teachers and students. it is free open-source software. It allows you to create and manage courses, quizzes, discussions, and other learning resources for your classroom or individual students.
Pathgather is used by many schools and universities around the world, including the University of Glamorgan in Wales, the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign in the USA, the Melbourne Institute of Technology in Australia, etc.
21. ProProfs Training Maker
ProProfs Training Maker is a collaborative tool that helps you create, manage and track training programs.
It allows you to create quizzes, tests, certificates, and blogs for your trainees. The software also has forums, wikis, and polls for online discussions. You can share your training materials with other users who can contribute to them as well.
Types of Online Training Systems
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) – These allow users to track their progress through courses, view syllabi, and grade books, as well as create assignments and tests. They also provide user support.
- E-Learning Authoring Tools – These are software programs that allow authors to create their interactive e-learning content using drag & drop tools and other templates. They often include features such as quizzes and assessments which can help you evaluate your learners’ progress throughout their coursework.
- Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS) – These systems are designed specifically for managing large amounts of training material with ease. They allow you to organize all of your content into one place so that it’s easy for learners to find what they need without having to search through multiple places for answers or resources during their coursework.
When choosing an online training system, consider what kind of features or functionality will be most useful for both yourself as well as your learners.
If your company is large and has a huge budget for training purposes, then it makes sense for them to invest in a comprehensive solution. This can help them train their employees effectively without spending too much time doing so themselves.
On the other hand, if your organization isn’t big but still needs some basic training for its workforce. Then there are cheaper options available than those offered by larger providers like Adobe or Articulate which specialize in creating enterprise-level solutions designed for big organizations.
The Benefits of Online Training Software
- Reduce training costs: This is one of the most obvious benefits, but it’s also one of the most significant. The online training software can save companies a lot of money in employee training costs by decreasing travel time and expenses associated with physical classes at company offices or off-site locations.
- Improve employee engagement: Remote learning gives employees more flexibility in their schedules and reduces burnout from long hours spent in meetings or classroom environments. It also allows them to connect with others on projects through online collaboration tools, which can increase teamwork and communication between departments or teams within an organization.
- Reduce time to market: When you’re launching a new product or service into an unfamiliar market, there’s no better way than through remote learning courses that help employees learn about its features/benefits before they even have access.
We’ve covered a lot of ground in this blog, but we hope that it gives you a good sense of what’s possible when it comes to online training applications or software. The right system can transform your business by allowing you to take advantage of new opportunities and better serve your customers, while also reducing costs and improving efficiency.