Imagine waking up and finding all your business data gone. Or, imagine losing all the resources and samples you had written as an essay writer over the years. Of course, losing valuable data can be a nightmare due to the risks and threats involved. But you can now sleep stress-free at night knowing that data recovery software can recover any lost files from any storage medium. Be it accidental clear-outs, virus attacks, or hard drive failures – all you need is good recovery software to find different types of files.
That said, a corrupt data recovery tool can be an added threat, infesting your device with more malware. This is why you need to consider factors like OS compatibility, warranty, supported file systems & types when selecting a data recovery software. To that end, here is the best data recovery software of 2021 with features, prices, and other details. Read on to find a suitable one for your device.
Table of Contents
10+ Data Recovery Software to Secure Mac and Windows
This again is software specially built to recover files on devices operating on Windows and Mac. Disk Drill lets you restore more than just lost files. You can recover encrypted, archived, or compressed files from undamaged storage devices using this option.
- Can recover all file systems and formats
- Supports EXT4, FAT, HFS+, and NTFS
- For Windows, you will need 16 MB of memory space and Windows XP to install and run the software.
Price: You can use the software for free for up to 500 Mb of files. Then, you can choose from three pricing plans for various standards of premium versions.
Stellar Data Recovery
Compatible both for commercial and personal use, Stellar works fine with desktops and laptops of both Mac and Windows OS. You can also use this software to find and recover images, videos, and other files from external storage and servers & mobiles.
- We Can recover deleted contacts, messages, photos, videos, calendars, emails, and other data from iOS
- Can be used to repair video-format files from mobiles, drones, DSLR, drones, and surveillance cameras.
- Can restore visual and audio data from flash drives, USB sticks, and SD cards.
Price: You can use the free version or go for premium pricing plans that offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recover your lost and accidentally deleted files using this data recovery software from your Windows systems, Mac, or iPhone. You can also use the software the repair files and restore data from undamaged USB flash drives and Android phones.
- Categorises and filters scanned results according to the time, path, and type.
- Lets you preview files and documents before recovery
- Can restore files on PC & Server as well as external storages
Price: You can purchase any of the three premium packages of the data recovery solution – Company License costing $299.95, Family License costing $89.95, and Personal License costing $45.95.
This software is specially built for Mac and Windows to recover deleted or lost files due to formatting, disk damage, or virus attack. In addition, it supports all types of storage devices such as digital cameras, memory cards, flash drives, camcorders, etc.
- Can recover those files which do not show in the Recycle Bin
- Can perform lost partition and raw partition recovery from external devices
- Gives you the option to preview data before restoring it
Price: You can use the free version of the software with limited features. Or, you can use the Pro version for a yearly subscription of $49.95 for more features.
To use Wondershare Recoverit, all you have to do is select the files you want to restore, scan and preview them for possible viruses before hitting the RECOVER button. Besides Windows and Mac, it can recover deleted files from external storage.
- Uses a patent technology to recover files of more than 1000 formats from deeply hidden locations
- Can repair different formats of image and video files from a crashed PC
- Can restore different data files at the same time.
Price: You can use the free version. For the premium option, the yearly subscription plans for Recoverit start at $59.95 for individuals to $139.95 for teams.
Advanced Disk Recovery
ADR works on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. This hassle-free solution can recover lost or formatted data without overwriting the original files. In addition, you can use the software to retrieve files from your PC, laptop, hard drive, USB, or other external disks.
- Is compatible with all types of file systems and formats
- Can locate and recover files using filters like time, size, data, etc.
- Can recover files lost due to an accidental format
Price: You can use it for free to restore 500 MB of data. You can also opt for the paid version costing $69.95 per year.
Aiseesoft Data Recovery
Recover photos, videos, documents, and audio files using Aiseesoft Data Recovery in a matter of minutes. The software works on Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 10/8/8.1/7. It also works on Mac OS 10.7 and above.
- Supports digital cameras, camcorders, drones, flash drives, removable drives, etc.
- Uses a robust searching algorithm to detect the exact location of lost data
- Has an in-built deep scan feature that performs the scanning process quickly.
Price: You can try the free but limited version. Then you can license the software on a monthly, yearly or lifetime basis.
R-Studio Data Recovery Software
Available for Mac, Windows, and Linux, this software can recover data from the safest to most corrupted locations. This includes local and removable disks to heavily corrupted and unbootable disks.
- Can recover a wide range of file systems, even for typical partition schemes
- Suitable for large-scale data recovery
- Uses an advanced recovery algorithm to trace corrupted files and repairs the files before restoring them
Price: You can use the free versions like R-Linux, R-Undelete Home, and R-Photo. You can also ask for a price quote customized as per your requirements.
EaseUS Data Recovery
You can use this software to recover data lost due to emptying the recycle bin, heavy hard drive damage, or OS crash. You can install and run EaseUS on Windows Server 2003+ or Windows XP+ with a minimum RAM of 128 MB and free memory space of 32 MB.
- Can recover data from devices other than PC and laptops, like Video players and mp3 players.
- Can support these file systems – exFAT, FAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS+, ReFS and ext2/ext3
- Supports documents, graphics, videos, audio, emails, and other files
Price: You can use the free version of EaseUS to recover up to 2 GB of data for Windows and Mac OS. Beyond that, you can invest in the Pro or Pro+WinPE packs.
PC Inspector File Recovery
This program supports several languages and NTFS and FAT12/16/32 file systems. The best thing about this software is that it lets you save data to the networked drive in the correct file structure. In addition, you can use the automatic-finding feature of the program to locate partitions even with damaged or deleted boot sector or FAT.
- Can recover files with the original date and time stamp
- Can recover files even when the header entry is not available
- Supports AVI, ARJ, CDR, and many other types of Disk formats.
Price: You can use the software as many times as you want without shelling out a penny.
You can use PhotoRec on both Windows and Mac OS. But that’s not all! You can also use it on other operating systems like DOS, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and Sun Solaris. The software is a quick one for recovering data from reformatted or heavily damaged file systems.
- We Can restore images, archives, videos, and documents.
- We Can work external drives like CD ROMs and hard drives.
- Can be used to restore lost pictures from external drives of camcorders and digital cameras.
Price: This tool is a free and open-source one that you can use for unlimited times.
You can use Undelete 360 to recover files from the recycle bin of your PC or laptop. You can also use it on digicams, and hard drives, floppy drives, and USB sticks. The software has an in-built algorithm that lets you recover files and folders quickly and efficiently.
- We Can restore data deleted from the command line using Alt+Del
- We Can recover files created even after certain applications are deleted
- Can restore files deleted from Windows network shares
Price: This one’s again freeware with no limits for the number of uses.
Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery is suitable for Windows XP and versions above that. You can use the program to recover files from accidental deletion or formatting due to a system crash. You can also use the software to restore external hard drives, memory cards, mobile phones, and other storage media.
- Supports exFAT, NTFS, and FAT 12/16/32 file systems
- Can scan at an excellent speed using advanced algorithms to detect data quality
- Comes with an easy-to-use interface with multiple filters
Price: You can use the free version or invest in the licensed products starting at $9.96.
Data loss becomes a conundrum at an individual and organizational level. Lost data can threaten your personal details and affect your finances, especially if you are a business owner.
So, choose any of the data recovery programs from the above list for your Windows or Mac device. Consider the price, the purpose, and the extensions you need before zeroing on any of the options.