PMP is a giant step in a project manager’s career. While the program certifies that you have the professional skills needed to lead project teams and deliver results, you must first pass a certification exam.
If you want to know more about PMP and finding jobs in Qatar Layboard.
As a professional with a PMP certification, you will be ranked higher than your non-certified peers. As a result, the benefit may be a higher salary.
There are certain other benefits of PMP certification that you need to be aware of besides its cost. Thus, we will move on to answering relevant questions regarding PMP, as well as other valuable information regarding obtaining a certificate.
Key milestones for possible action of PMP certificate in India
After the intent to obtain a PMP certificate appears:
- review the requirements from PMI in general terms;
- evaluate your financial reserves: by the time you spend the exam and how cost-effective the certification will be.
- decide on the work schedule to the nearest year (see below).
The PMI requirements contain nothing out of the ordinary. This is a detailed overview of the competencies of project management professionals. It is formed on the basis of regular independent research and is used to form exam questions. It is not necessary to read the research results in themselves, but it will be useful to study the document “PMP Examination Content Outline”, it describes the thematic content of the exam and the distribution of topics by volume.
A mandatory supplement is the Code of Professional Ethics and Conduct. Questions on this document are not part of the exam, but candidates undertake to comply with its requirements in their activities.
Once you’ve made the decision to earn your PMP certification, evaluate your slack for the following tasks:
- a detailed study of the requirements by PMI in terms of the required competencies for each area of knowledge;
- general training on the whole range of issues and available sources;
- targeted training based on PMBOK;
- study of experience and recommendations for passing the exam;
- filing an application..
Be careful and precise! PMI reserves the right to verify in detail all data provided in the application. Those who undergo such a check will have to submit copies of documents on education, work experience, and certificates of employers.
The main form of the exam is remote testing in one of the centers of Prometric (PMI testing partner). In this case, the result will be known immediately upon completion of the exam. In some specified cases, “paper” testing is possible, then the result will be known much later.
Usually, the application is approved within no more than 5 days and the candidate is entitled to pay for the exam.
After receiving payment, you have the right to take an exam within 1 year (above, we talked about planning with an accuracy of up to a year) and PMI opens access to the Prometric website page to select from the available options for the place and date of the exam.
There you need to select first the country and city, then the date that suits you.
Be careful and check what you actually declare and what you will be confirmed in the feedback! There was a case when a candidate turned to the author for help, who on the eve of the exam, going to the station to travel to another city with a suitable Prometric center, suddenly discovered that he made a mistake in the application and in fact, he was expected in another city and on another continent, where you can’t get there by train. It was already impossible to help, because. PMI and Prometric have set deadlines, quite reasonable, beyond which date and location changes are no longer possible.
Advance changes to dates and locations are permitted.
The choice of location is determined by logistics: where it is more convenient for you to get. The choice of date is determined by the following considerations:
- the date falls, with the necessary reserve, in the year allocated to you for the exam;
- during the exam period, you have a planned vacation or a lull at work, allowing you to set aside one day or at least half a day for the exam;
- there is an opportunity to set aside a couple of days before the exam for repetition and a short rest before the ordeal;
- it is possible to allocate 1-2 months before the exam for regular work with PMBOK and other resources in the amount of 1-2 hours a day.