The number of patients diagnosed with cancer is increasing around the globe. Many factors pop up when we think the reason for causing cancer in us. Yes! The cancer-causing ingredients are present everywhere, right from the food we eat, the air we breathe, the things we use, cosmetics we apply and the list goes on. Still, if we reduce the use of these substances and substitute it with natural ingredients we can protect our self from cancer risk.
Food and lifestyle habits should be changed to prevent and protect from the onset of cancer. Apart from this, many factors like genetics and environmental factors can also trigger cancer. But, adapting, changing and following healthy habits daily can decrease the risk. Let’s go through a few day-to-day habits which can protect you from falling under the cancer belt. Just keep reading the post to know more about it.
15 Daily habits can reduce your cancer risk:
Here, we have listed out a few habits which, when practised can make a huge difference in your life. Read on!
- Avoid eating processed meat as the intake can increase the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Every one of us knows that fitness can keep us healthy. The report from the American Cancer Society reveals that involving in daily physical activity can lower the risk of 13 different cancers. Don’t wait! Grab your sports shoes and head out to go for jogging, running or a brisk walk to avoid the risk of cancer.
- Including colourful fruits and veggies in your diet can prevent cancer risk. The next time you hit the market, pile your shopping cart with vegetables and fruits to avoid cancer-promoting cell damage. Also, the addition of fruits and vegetables can reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- Try using whole grains as the components like lignans and dietary fibres can lower the risk of cancer. Refined grains lack germ, endosperm and bran and hence the intake of it is highly associated with the risk of colon cancer and gastric cancer. If you have signs of stomach cancer, your doctor will do a thorough physical examination; recommend a blood test and other medical tests like endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound, CT scan, MRI scan and biopsy to rule out the cause. If medicines are prescribed, order your medicine online from any trusted online medicine site at your convenience. Also, get an amazing medicine discount on every order you place.
- A complete, balanced diet with more fruits, veggies, legumes, beans and poultry should be added to your plate daily to avoid cancer risk.
- Woman who drinks liquor over one serving per day increases 20% risk of breast cancer. Limiting alcohol or drinking alcohol in moderation is one best thing which you can follow to lower your cancer risk.
- Managing a healthy weight decreases the chance of developing cancer. Increase in body weight increases the chance of developing chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, fatty liver disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and pregnancy problems. So, always watch your weight and keep a track on it to limit disease risk.
- The use of tobacco increases the risk of lung cancer and oral cancer. According to the centres for disease control and prevention (CDC), smoking not only affects the lungs but promotes cancer throughout the body including stomach, liver and blood cancer.
- If you love coffee or tea, then never give up your habit. Drinking either of these beverages can reduce the risk of developing cancer. This is because the antioxidants present in these drinks help to protect the cells from free radical damage and thus promotes a healthy life. According to the Academy of nutrition and dietetics try to fix your caffeine intake daily.
- Too much screen time can increase the chance of developing cancer. Yes! The sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of developing both bladder and kidney cancer.
- According to the American cancer society, regular skin check-ups are mandatory to avoid cancer risk. Every month do a self-examination and if you notice any specific changes in your skin, contact your doctor or a dermatologist at the earliest possible to avoid skin cancer.
- Get your vaccinations done on time. Check out your immunization report and protect yourself from certain viral infections that cause cancer. E.g. Hepatitis B vaccine can reduce the risk of liver cancer and Human papillomavirus (HPV) can reduce the risk of squamous cell cancers of the head and neck. Talk to your doctor about the vaccination and protect yourself from infectious disease.
- Expose yourself in sunlight at least 15 minutes a day. Studies have shown that sunlight can limit vitamin D deficiency to 90%. Individuals with vitamin D deficiency can cause cancers like prostate, stomach, ovarian, and colon cancers. Vitamin D also helps to reduce diabetes, osteoporosis, and high blood pressure. Vitamin D is primarily required for calcium absorption in the gut. Vitamin D is present naturally only in very few foods. The major source of Vitamin D is from the sunlight. So, if you cannot meet the daily required dosage of vitamin D, you can benefit from Vitamin D supplements. Consult your healthcare provider before you take vitamin D supplements as an excess can become toxic to the body. Buy OTC medicines online from the best online pharmacy store in India and get your medicines delivered right to your doorstep.
- Environmental pollution increases the risk of cancer and other respiratory diseases. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) says that air pollution from industrial fumes and traffics can cause lung and bladder cancer. Protect yourself by wearing masks while heading out also, follow strict health and safety instructions while at your workplace.
- Your cosmetics and personal care products are loaded with carcinogens. Exposure to these toxins can cause cancer. Common chemicals found in the products include parabens, polyethene glycol (PEG), sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium Laureth sulphate (SLS), synthetic colours, triclosan, diethanolamine (DEA), butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and many more. So, try switching to natural products which are free of synthetic chemicals.