Acidity, also called acid reflux. It causes a burning sensation below the breastbone. Poor lifestyle choices are the main reason behind the acidity. here we are providing some best home remedies for acidity.
When we eat food it goes to the stomach through the esophagus. Then the gastric gland will secrete acid for digestion of the food but when gastric gland produces more acid than required for digestion, the condition is known as acidity.
Chronic acidity leads to serious health issues like increasing the risk of esophagus cancer, esophageal ulcers, esophagitis, esophageal strictures, and Barrett’s esophagus.
SYMPTOMS OF ACIDITY
- Weight loss
- Post-meal heaviness
- Frequent burping and hiccups
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Burning sensation and pain in the stomach and throat
CAUSES OF ACIDITY
1. Bad eating habits
- Skipping meals
- Late-night snacking
- Consumption of excess salt
- Diet low in fibre
2. Excessive consumption of certain food
- Fat rich food
- Spicy food
- Beverages like carbonated drinks, soft drinks, tea, and coffee.
3. Smoking and consumption of alcohol
5. Lack of physical exercise.
HOME REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY
- It is rich in magnesium and helps in boot intestinal strength. It helps in digestion and makes the digestive system alkaline and reducing the acidity.
- Eat a small piece of jaggery after meals help in digestion and give relief from acidity. Jaggery can be added to drinks and consume daily for better results.
- It has excellent anti-inflammatory and digestive properties. It helps in neutralizing acids.
- Ginger can be consumed in different ways you can chew a slice of fresh ginger or drink the juice of ginger 2-3 times a day.
- It is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. It will help in soothe swelling and irritation of the intestine and improve digestion.
- Fennel seeds can be chew after meals, add in tea and decoction of fennel seeds. Oils of fennel seeds improve digestion and prevent acidity.
- It is a natural antacid for acidity and helps in improving digestion and absorption. It is helpful to get rid of heartburn by reducing acidity. This also prevents developing ulcers in the esophagus when acid from the stomach flows into the esophagus.
- Use cinnamon bark oil for cooking, it can be added in tea, Cinnamon powder can be sprinkled on food items.
- It acts as a painkiller and it is beneficial in curing stomach ache, acidity and bloating. Cumin seeds help in the secretion of digestive enzymes and accelerate digestion.
- Chewing a handful of cumin seeds to give relief from acidity or cumin water is very helpful in acidity.
- It is helping maintain the normal pH level and helps in the production of mucus in your stomach which protects the stomach from excessive acid production. It prevents the reoccurrence of acidity.
- Drink coconut water before meals, it will help in preventing overeating.
- Basil leaves stimulate the mucus formation by the stomach and relieve the symptoms of acidity. These have a soothing property that soothes the inflamed esophagus and stomach.
- Chew 2-3 basil leaves daily helps in reducing acidity.
- In Ayurveda, Gooseberries (amla) are considered a Sattvik food which means it is a food that has an overall calming effect on our body, which makes it a natural deterrent for acidity.
- 1 teaspoon of Amla powder prevent bouts of acidity. Amla is rich in vitamin C and helps in healing ulcers on the stomach lining.
- It contains natural antacids that can neutralize the acid. It is the simplest home remedies for acidity for getting rid of acidity.
- Eating a banana daily is an ideal option for people suffering from acidity. A ripe banana is an antidote to severe bouts of acidity.
- It is one of the best coolant present in nature thus it is helpful in relives the burning sensation and pain which usually accompanied by acidity.
- Boil mint leaves in water and drink it two times in a day or you can chew it before meals.
SOME TIPS TO PREVENT ACIDITY
- Maintain ideal body weight
- Follow low – carbs diet.
- Follow low – carbs diet
- Avoid sleeping on your right side
- Avoid late-night snacking
- Avoid spicy and junk food
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Avoid heavy meals
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurveda) is an expert Ayurvedic Doctor based in Chandigarh, India, and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda Ancient healing treatment, not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic, and Krishna Herbal Company.