Internet is a need for time and what we need is fast, and who doesn’t like a fast internet speed. Either you are downloading a game, files or using any kind of software that consumes bandwidth. Speed is needed and it is seriously satisfying when you just have hit the download button and it says need 5 minutes or less to download. Internet speed is mostly needed in offices where they have to be online almost all of the time for different purposes and speed is the thing that it needs. All You Need to Know About the latest Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switch
There are several internet providers but no matter how fast you get the devices installed, there are some rooms that are on the corner and that operator always complains about the internet speed, leaving him or her frustrated. If you work at home or office and having trouble regarding speed and looking for a solution, then you are reading the right post, because we have come up with the device that will boost up your speed and even its name will feel like that it is a kind of device that will make your internet speedrunning like a roadrunner. The name is Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switch.
Cisco Catalyst 2960 Benefits
Other than having fast speed, there are more than many benefits of using Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switch.
- Simple: The first advantage of using the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switch is that it is super easy to install and configure. If you are not a tech person, then you might just need to read the manual or just watch a How-to video on YouTube and step by step you will be able to do it.
- Smart: The best part is that it uses very little electrical power and that is why we call it the smart switch as well. There is another reason that we call it smart and that is because it has the feature of hibernating itself. We will explain this advantage with the help of an example. Let’s say that you are the office manager and its night, you have reached home, about to sleep and suddenly you remember that you had to kill the switch of the internet. That would be a huge shuck if your boss found out that the internet has been on the whole night and extra power was consumed for nothing. But if you had the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switch, you didn’t have to worry at all because it goes to sleep when there are no users using the internet for a specific period of time.
- Highly Secure: It seems like hackers are all around us and especially the one who are looking for free internet at most times, if you buy a Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switch, you won’t need to keep an eye on multiple users list neither you will need to change the password every now and then. We say that this series switch is protected because it is programmed and manufactured by keeping in view the standards of IPv6 address theft and any kind of outsider attack.
Step by Step Guide for How to Config Cisco 2960 Switches
Like we said earlier that using and installing or you can say configuring these series switches are a piece of cake and you don’t need to be an IT guy or lady to do so. Because the best part is that this switch comes with pre-configurations and all you have to do is assign basic security details before you actually start using it or connect it with any kind of network. But you must carefully follow the steps below:
- Connect the host to the switch and config it: You will be doing it in order to use the same IP subnet for the address and to mask the switch. But remember not to connect host H3 to the switch immediately.
- Connect the router to the switch and then config it: You will need to connect the router with the switch port; you will be seeing Fa0/5 and then config it with hostname which will show as Customer Router, you will also be able to see the password and console access details, basically now you are able to set the password.
- Config the Switch: Now you need to config the switch with the hostname which is Customer Switch and set the admin password.
- Config the management layer: You need to access the Global config mode and by the new password and config the mode of VLAN 1. Now you need to set the IP address and subnet the mask and default the settings to the gateway for the management interface.
- Verify the config of the switch: Verify the IP address.
- Verify the connectivity using ping: You can get that via DOS command.
- Determine the MAC address: To check that again use Ping via DOS command.
- Config the security: Here you will be allowing the specific number of devices and here you can set the speed duplex as well.
- Test the connection: Try connecting different devices.
- Exit the switch: Type exit and leave.