The realm of soft skills is widespread across a multitude of essential functional areas. It goes without saying; every employee comes with unique attributes and professional expertise that set him/her apart from the rest. But, when it comes to acquiring the right soft skills to sustain and do well in an organization, things can go haywire if they fail to cope with the shifting trends. In this article know about the Microlearning Training.
For example, a soft skill such as leadership proficiency isn’t God-gifted for all. Some employees need to adopt such skills over time and with experiences. Now, in case, the person fails to achieve the same or finds things overly complicated to go about, then an archived knowledge bank or skill training session would come into play.
So, if you agree with this notion and wish to transform the workplace into a soft skills training platform for your employees, then the idea is to go digital. Pertaining to the present-day scenario where the world is fighting against Covid-19, most of the companies are operating from home.
There’s nothing better than setting up a digital space for your employees to refer often and stay updated with the latest soft skills, as observed across your industry niche.
Read this blog to know-how.
Conduct a skill-based evaluation before everything else
Not all employees are of the same IQ. In addition, they aren’t either of the same professional backgrounds. Some would hold a five-year experience in the job and others would hold 7 years of job experience. So, you need to evaluate a lot of critical areas before introducing a soft skills training session to a large group of employees under one roof.
Take note of the following tips.
- Conduct a thorough brainstorming session at first.
- Try to converse with your employees and figure out their individual inclinations and expertise.
- This will help you know about the areas they are lagging behind and their strengths at the same time.
- Based on a thorough evaluation of each of the aforementioned facts, analyze the real-time scenario and introduce the soft skills the employees need to focus on.
- For example, if you figure out that most of your employees have honed communication and problem-solving skills but they lack leadership skills, then strategize moves accordingly.
- You would probably like to focus on leadership skills and create the microlearning library with an aim to set preferences for lessons on leadership.
Are you getting the hang of it?
Organise real-time debates and conflict management drives
No, you don’t need to step out of your house for that. You can conduct a digital debate and introduce a couple of real-time conflicts for your employees to resolve. Now, monitor the way each employee approaches the problem and what solutions they come up with.
Take note of the following suggestions to develop fairer insights into the context.
- Deploy two existing and tenured employees to initiate the debate.
- You can ask them to introduce a scenario where there are stringencies in meeting sales targets.
- Now, ask a couple of trainees to express their views on the challenges.
- Sit back and observe how the trainee reacts to the situation and what conclusion they would draw at the end of the tunnel.
Based on a thorough evaluation of the problems introduced and the solutions offered, you will get an idea of the skills your employees have honed successfully. Also, you will develop an idea of the areas they need to work or the setbacks they need to acknowledge. This will allow you to lay focus on the strengths and weaknesses of your employees, thus, helping you to include the right soft skill lessons in the digital library.
Do not add up data or training modules without research
When you are in charge of creating a microlearning library for soft skill management, you cannot afford to come up with unverified news, data, or lessons. First things first, you should conduct thorough research, accumulate all relevant and industry-friendly information and build the database accordingly.
Here are some useful suggestions.
- Refer digitized knowledge banks such as Google Scholar, Semantic Scholar, and Research Gate to accumulate and learn about the latest information on industry soft skills.
- Also, take a look around the internet and refer to a couple of similar case studies on soft skills and save the same for future references.
- If you aim to create a digital knowledge bank, then you must include some useful video-based training sessions as well.
- From communication skills to work ethic and organizational adaptability; there is a myriad of topics related to soft skills.
- Keep a tab on each of the latest news on soft skills or their impacts on your industry niche.
- Accumulate as many interactive training videos as you can and keep updating the library with more of such additions.
- If you were recently exposed to a major setback in terms of issues related to a scarcity of employees with soft skills, then you need to mold your approaches a bit.
- In such cases, adding up informative blogs and journals can help you get over the hurdle in a better way.
- If at all, your employees are unaware of the essential soft skill lessons, narrowing down the entire topic into smaller fragments and bullet points will be much more effective.
- That way, the trainees will get to refer to a precise handbook, which will be much easier for them to follow on the go.
So, the idea is to mold your ways and approaches as per situations, requirements, and employee expertise. Once you are done arranging the library in the right order, move on to the next essential aspect, which is instilling interactivities among your employees.
Install the idea of interactivity among your employees
You don’t need to call them up to gather in person. The digital library is enough to serve the purpose. Things might just get boring if they are all about theoretical lessons and mundane lectures on acquiring soft skills. So, a bit of interactivity isn’t harmful at all. Here are some easy hacks to make the online microlearning library more interactive for employees.
- You can introduce and encourage employees to take part in soft skill enhancement games such as connecting the dots, online puzzles, sudoku, and the likes.
- Urge your employees to participate in those games on a weekly basis.
- Also, you can announce exciting rewards and other forms of recognition for the monthly winners of the game.
- That way, the employees will be motivated to take part in more of such interactive games.
- Consequently, they will be improving and honing major soft skills twice more effectively.
Simply abide by the conventions as mentioned above, and you can make a difference in your organization in a way you wish to.
Do not scrap out old data, video lessons, and other resources
This is again one quintessential suggestion for you to consider at this moment. When it comes to creating digital libraries, most of us might fear the odds of cache issues or an overly populated archive. Well, there are alternative solutions to such challenges.
Here’ everything you need to know.
- Make a separate tab or folder for the old posts, podcasts, case studies, and every other resource.
- Clean the portal once in a while and transfer all unused files and data to a portable drive that can be used or retrieved for future references.
- Encourage employees to contribute to the library addons from time to time and keep up with the trending soft skills as per industry demands.
Make sure that you don’t end up deleting or throwing away an entire collection of blogs or podcasts on soft skills, for instance. Anything and everything related to soft skill learning is an asset. You cannot afford to shut them off completely.
Merge the library with a personalized online training drive
Video lessons and podcasts are good. But nothing really matches up to the level of someone in real-time scenario teaching you to develop soft skills. So, you can always turn the library into a virtual learning hub for employees in need of developing soft skills.
Here are some suggestions on the right recruits you can rope in here.
- Take a look around and develop a thorough knowledge of the potential soft skill trainers in your domain of business.
- See if you can rope in a team of reliable soft skill trainers and compel them to provide online classes dedicatedly.
- Make sure that the prospective trainers have been in the business at least for a period of 7-10 years.
- Brief the experts about the types of training modules you would prefer, along with mentioning the specific skillsets you would like them to teach.
Make sure to follow up with each of the aforementioned criticalities and gift your employees a sustainable and analytically enriched micro-learning online training library in its truest sense.
You should keep things transparent and seamless as well
Your employees should not find it difficult to access the portal. Otherwise, the entire effort would simply go down the drain. So, you should focus on making the digital library technologically advanced and seamless for users to navigate.
Here are some useful tips.
- Invest in technological efficiencies and deploy tech experts to take care of the portal’s credentials.
- Make sure that the site is absolutely malware-free and the fact that it is in no way vulnerable to virus attacks.
- The moment you would detect any potential lag, fix the issue right there instead of delaying the process unnecessarily.
- Every user should have individual credentials for logging into the portal. Do not share admin passwords or other administrative details of the library with any of your subordinates.
Include customer service training modules in the library
Last and certainly not least, you should include customer service training as part of the key essentiality in the soft skill training module. In today’s world of digitally operated businesses, establishing a strong clientele and seamless communication are the two most important things. So, you certainly cannot miss out on it.
These guidelines will help you to tread in the right direction.
- Include real-life instances in the form of case studies and educate your employees on the importance of establishing strong and decent client communication.
- Introduce the trainees to a couple of poor customer service experiences your organization might have suffered earlier and ask them to introduce a different solutional dimension for the same.
Now that you are aware of the needful elements and strategies to be embraced to create a resourceful online training library for soft skills, make the most of this blog. Keep referring to more such knowledge banks on the go for easy insights.
Author Bio: Ethan Taylor is an experienced and dedicated academic writer from Glasgow, the United Kingdom. He provides Assignment Help and is currently working on behalf of the digital platform MyAssignmenthelp.com. Ethan is known for his diligence and dedication towards harnessing the potential of advanced apps such as paraphrasing tools and plagiarism checkers to produce well-knit solutions every time.