Brain freeze is known as cold sensory perception in humans, and it is also referred to as sphenopalatine ganglionuralgia (CSG). It is an acute pain usually associated with the sudden intake of icy beverages, such as ice-cubes, frozen yoghurt, or cold ice-creams. It can also be a result of the overuse of cold water or ice-cubes.
Causes of brain Freeze:
There are several possible reasons why you may suffer from this brain freeze problem in humans.
- The leading cause of the brain freeze according to Scientist and the researcher is ingesting cold food such as ice cream, ice, cold water, etc.
- When you intake any cold food into your mouth, the cold transfer from the mouth to the brain as a reaction, some activities happen in the brain nerves, and brain freeze occurs.
- Another reason is that your body produces less than a reasonable amount of noradrenaline and adrenaline, especially when you drink cold beverages.
- When this occurs, the brain sends out warning signals to the body to produce more of these chemicals, resulting in extreme cold symptoms in humans
- If you are a smoker, it could also trigger this brain freeze problem in humans.
- However, if your body produces more than the usual amount of these chemicals, it is the time for you to find out how to protect against brain freeze in humans.
- The causes of brain freeze in humans include the following: exposure to low temperatures, genetic defects, tumors, high blood pressure.
- Overuse of medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen. When these drugs are used in excess, they tend to block the release of noradrenaline and adrenaline in the body, which results in cold symptoms.
- Brain freeze is also most common in pets, especially in dogs, and many pet owners ask the question, can dogs get brain freezes? Yes, dogs and pets also get brain freeze.
Symptoms of brain freeze:
- The symptoms of this brain freeze problem in humans can range from mild to severe. Some people may experience only minor cold symptoms, while other people may experience severe nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, or unconsciousness.
- Sudden onset pain in the frontal head. Duration of pain might be from a few seconds to some minutes, depending on the cause of the brain freeze.
How to protect your self from brain freeze?
If you have ingested cold and have brain freeze symptoms, then cure for brain freeze is very simple. The moment you start to experience a brain freeze, quickly rub your tongue to the mouth’s roof. The heat from the roof of the mount will be transferred to the nerve that causes brain breeze. Repeat the process until the brain freeze disappear.
Fortunately, there are ways to protect you from brain freeze, no matter the cause of this problem.
Don’t take cold food so rapidly and in high amounts because this is the leading cause of brain freeze.
One of the best ways is by practicing proper diet. It is important to remember that this problem is caused by the imbalance in chemicals that should be produced in your body, so making a change in your diet can reduce this problem.
Brain Freeze treatment
One essential thing is the consumption of fruits and vegetables. These are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, and fibre consumed daily to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Another important thing that should be avoided at all costs is alcohol and caffeine since these are the foods that trigger brain freeze symptoms in humans.
Drinking alcohol and caffeine can also lead to dehydration, which may trigger your body to produce less than usual chemicals. It is best to avoid consuming any other beverages that contain caffeine, such as sodas, coffees, and teas.
Some Other things that you can do to alleviate your symptoms include taking time to take enough rest and getting proper sleep. Avoid taking in any medication such as painkillers.
If you are taking medications that contain histamine, it is recommended that you consult your doctor to determine if it is causing this problem.
If you find that your symptoms are caused by brain freeze, you may consult your doctor for more information. He will then recommend some treatment methods that may help you cope with this problem.
Fortunately, natural remedies can help relieve the symptoms of brain freeze, no matter the cause of the problem.
Learning how to protect from brain freeze will help you prevent this problem from occurring in your life. By keeping your body and mind in balance, you will feel better than ever before. when you notice yourself having symptoms such as headache or tingling sensations or experiencing numbness, please report them to your doctor right away.
These symptoms seem to subside after a while, it is still good to know that you are not suffering from brain freeze.