A sound sleep is as important as consuming food. To keep yourself healthy regular exercise, good sleep and a healthy diet are the essentials. Lack of any one of these three can affect hormones and brain functions. Good sleep help in staying healthy and energetic throughout the day. Quality and quantity are the factors that determine good sleep. Getting enough sleep is very important to keep your health optimized.
The following are given a few scientifically proven tips to get sound sleep at night.
- Day-time Bright light exposure: Circadian rhythm is a natural time-keeping clock of the body. It works in accordance with light exposure and affects the brain, hormones, and body. The circadian rhythm tells the correct time to sleep and to stay awake during the day with natural sunlight or bright light. The day time energy can be increased by having quality sleep at night. The bright light exposure improves sleep duration and the person takes less to fall asleep. Two hours of natural light exposure can increase sleep for up to two hours. People with sleep issues can get benefits with light exposure. Try getting sunlight daily, otherwise invest in bright light bulbs.
- Night-time Blue light exposure: There are a number of benefits if you get bright light in the day but the same bright light can affect you adversely at night. This is because of your circadian rhythm, which makes your brain think that it is still day-time. The blue light of electronic devices, computers, smartphones, etc. emits blue light that has an impact on our brain. You can block blue light by wearing glasses, avoiding watching TV, working on the laptop and stop using a mobile phone. If you have an urgent assignment submission the next day, get write my essay services online rather than getting bright light exposure at night.
- Avoid caffeine in the evening: A single dose of caffeine can improve focus, performance, and energy. But in case, you consume coffee late in the evening, it may not let your body relax naturally at night and the nervous system will also get stimulated. The body gets elevated up to 6 hours and it is not recommended to have coffee after 4 p:m as it can trouble your while sleeping.
- Avoid long day time naps: Short power naps during the day are beneficial and increase energy levels but irregular or long naps can adversely affect your sleep, during the night. “People feel sleepier after long day-time naps and the naps less than 30 minutes improves the day time function. If you sleep during day time, you may experience poor sleep quality and disturbance at night.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Consuming alcohol at night can affect, your hormones and sleep. Sleep apnea, disturbance during sleep, and snoring are the common issues faced by the people who have drinking habits. The natural nighttime elevations are decreased in the human growth hormone due to the consumption of alcohol.
- Optimize the bedroom environment: For good sleep, the bedroom environment plays a huge role. Factors including, noise, bed, temperature, and external lights should be arranged properly. External factors like the sound from traffic can disturb your sleep and can tend to cause long-term issues in health. It has been noticed that sleep can be improved with the elimination of noise and light. You have to minimize the external noise and get a soothing environment for sound sleep. A relaxing, clean and quiet place is the best for sleeping.
- The temperature of the bedroom: The temperature of the body and bedroom are equally impactful for sleep quality. It can be hard to sleep when the weather is too hot. It increases wakefulness and decreases comfort.
- Have your dinner on time: Eating late light can impact your health and sleep negatively. If you eat carb-rich food at least two hours before going to bed, you will get quality sleep.
- Relax your mind in the evening: You should practice deep breathing to give rest to your mind. By performing relaxation techniques before bed can help you sleep well. Also, relaxing helps ill people by improving the quality and duration of sleep. To relax, you can opt to listen to music, taking a bath, or reading a book.
For a healthy body, sleep is an essential factor. You can optimize your health, give importance to sleep, and follow the above-given tips.