Having an air conditioning system can provide great comfort to regulate the temperature in different weathers. But, an improperly installed system cannot do anything good for you. On the other hand, it gives discomfort and needs expert’s help frequently. here we are sharing some Air Conditioning Installation and repairs tips.
If you’re a first time user, you must take some knowledge of installation and repairs of your newly installed AC. Depending on the type of AC like portable, split, window or central, there is little difference in the installation and maintenance.
But you do not need to worry about it. Here are the simple installation tips for each AC type. You should follow the tips to install the air conditioner systematically:
- 1 How to install window AC:
- 2 How to install portable AC:
- 3 How to install split AC:
- 4 How to install central AC:
Window Air Conditioner Installation:
These single-unit AC systems are a little noisy but can easily be mounted. This unit doesn’t require a separate evaporator. And, fewer tools are needed for installation. What you need to do is balance the AC unit securely while placing.
How to install window AC:
- Firstly, set the bottom of the unit into the bottom sill of the window where you want to place the AC.
- Balance the unit till the windowpane is pulled down and placed secured. It is because the AC should not fall out or get damaged.
- Once it is secured in the window, the locks are placed so that the window pane cannot be open and do any damage.
- After that seal is created so that cool air does not escape.
- Remember to place the unit in the centre of the window opening. It helps to prevent side vents to get pulled out and nailed into place. Thus avoid any damage.
Portable Air Conditioner Installation
The portable AC systems are becoming popular and need only one person for installation. These air conditioning units with heat quality can be used a whole year. There are many other qualities of these units but here check how to install them:
How to install portable AC:
- Portable AC units can be fit in the different sized windows, so first check the openings of your home before buying it.
- Now, you need to set up a window kit.
- In this, you need to cut a foam strip that will be attached to the moving window part.
- After that insert the actual plastic window and close it tightly.
- Pull out any extra piece and make a tight seal to your window.
- Once the window kit is placed, install the AC unit.
- You must apply a security bracket to the window so that it cannot be opened from outside.
- Hook up the vent from the AC and plug the system in the grounded outlet.
Split Air Conditioner Installation
The split AC units are more famous in the world. Ductless split air conditioners don’t need windows. On the other hand, the duct systems are best for businesses, garages and similar areas of the home. In this system, the loud running features are outside while the rest duct system remains inside the mounting hole. The installation steps of split AC depend on three factors. That is the outside condenser, inside the vent, and the connectors.
How to install split AC:
- First, it is decided where the AC will be mounted so that the hole for it takes place.
- As said above the AC unit is divided into three sections. The first one is an outside condenser placed in the outer area so that the noise coming from it does not bother the people enjoying cooling. This condenser should be placed on the slab near the home.
- The second one is an inside vent that controls the temperature operation and delivers cool air.
- Both the devices are connected with copper wires that carry electricity and deliver refrigerant.
- There is a tube placed dispensing the water formed during the cooling process.
- Installing a split AC is not a DIY task so better to take an expert’s help.
Central Air Conditioner Installation
This AC unit is a whole-house solution for the cooling and ventilation process. The setup is running of ductwork to all rooms in the house or business.
How to install central AC:
- Professional installers expertly handle these big units. However, installation involves three main setups.
- The first one is a thermostat that controls the initial phase, the temperature control. This device also controls other components to get into action while the temperature gets too high.
- The second setup is a cooling process that involves a compressor. It consists of condensing refrigerant, condenser coils, and compressor that convert gas turned out of coils into liquid. And, this whole cycle is the process which lets the air get cool.
- After this, the circulation of the air through the vents is checked. It is important for AC efficiency. Even, make sure the air filters are changed often.
What to keep in mind for repair and maintenance of AC?
Most of the first time uses are often worried about the repairs and regular maintenance of air conditioners. But it is not that tough. Here are simple tips to follow for AC repair and maintenance:
- Clean and inspect the air filters timely so that when you use AC after a gap period, it should work properly. If the air filters aren’t clean, the air quality will not be as good as before. So, to improve your home air quality, must keep your AC’s air filter clean.
- Change the air conditioner refrigerant when it is needed. Also, clean the condenser regularly to keep the air cooling process more effective.
- Read the user manual for better knowledge. And, check the settings to make sure the fresh air vent is closed. As the outer air is hotter than indoors and condensers need to work hard to cool it.
- Keep the AC at an ideal temperature so that you can save energy efficiently.
- If the AC doesn’t work and needs repairs do not try at your own and call an expert.
For the first time air conditioner users, it is hard to get the actual problem of the system. So, if you see any signs that you need to service your air conditioner, it is better to call the company and ask for professional help. And, hopefully, the above said tips help understand AC installation and the repair work.
Erika Rhein, a professional writer and blogger by profession. I write on various niches, however, I prioritise writing on air conditioning-related topics. I always strive to provide users with useful and informative articles in a readable format. I aim to achieve a difference in my writing.