The modern science of astrology comes from the Greek word “astrología,” or the study of stars. Vedic astrology, in particular, is the study of the stars and the planetary positions. It determines how the positions influence our lives and actions. Vedic astrology deals with the movement of the celestial bodies and their actions on the living beings of Earth.
If you are looking for some famous astrologers in USA, AstrologerPanditJi.com is one of the most reputed sites online. It is the brainchild of Mr. Himanshu Shangari, a Spiritual Researcher and Vedic Astrologer. It’s known for being one of the best Vedic astrologers out there. He has written a lot of books on the subject and is very popular worldwide. They write about topics like Pitra Dosh, Kaal Sarp Yog, Nakshatras, Gemstones, Heaven and Hell Within, Important Yogas in Vedic Astrology, Match Making, and Manglik Dosh. He also writes articles for famous newspapers like The Telegraph, The Times of India, and the Hindustan Times.
How does Vedic Astrology Work?
To understand the concept of Vedic astrology, you have to comprehend the meanings of Time and Karma. In the Vedic tradition, time represents the divine breath, which creates, preserves, and destroys cosmic lives. It is said that each moment contains a specific Karma, which is a unique destiny or result of actions. Vedic astrology aims to interpret these moments and how the Karma within them can affect someone’s life. It is to be noted, however, that the purpose of Vedic astrology is not to examine fate and destiny but to regulate it in such a way that it optimizes your life. In the Vedic tradition, Yoga and Freedom are two sides of the same coin. Vedic astrology conveys that we carve our destiny with our actions. Therefore, we also have the power to change the course of our actions. Vedic astrology is considered to be a formidable tool to optimize your life. It offers you the freedom to develop the wisdom to regulate your life in a way you deem good.
The Twelve Houses
The earliest record of the Vedic lifestyle is found in Rig Veda. In Vedic astrology, there are 12 houses known as Bhavas. Each of these houses is ruled by different signs. For instance, the Vedic birth chart is known as Kundli and has 12 equal sections, comprising of 12 houses. Each of the 12 houses represents hundreds of things.
Here are the 12 houses of Vedic astrology:
- The first house is known as the Tanu Bhava, which is the house of Mars. it is associated with Aries and is a good house for Jupiter, Sun, Moon, Mars, and Mercury. The house is weak for Saturn and Venus.
- The second house is called the Dhana or Kutumba Bhava. The Lord of the house is Jupiter and it is associated with Taurus. It is good for Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Saturn.
- The third house is known as the Buddhi Bhava and is the house of Saturn. It is associated with Gemini and is good for Moon, Mars, Venus, and Saturn, and weak for Mercury.
- The fourth house is Bandhu Bhava, which is the house of the Moon. It is associated with Cancer. It is good for Venus and Mercury while being bad for Saturn and Mars.
- The fifth house is Putra Bhava. The Significator is Jupiter. It is associated with Leo. Putra Bhava is good for Jupiter, Sun, Moon, Mars, and Mercury while being weak for Saturn.
- The sixth house is Ari Bhava or Shatru Bhava. The Lord of the house is Mercury. It is associated with Virgo. It is good for Mercury and weak for Sun, Moon, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn.
- The seventh house is Yuvati Bhava, with Venus as the significator. It is associated with Libra and is good for Moon, Mars, Mercury, Venus, and Saturn while being weak for Sun and Jupiter.
- The eighth house is Ayu Bhava, with Mars being the significator. It is associated with Scorpio. Ayu Bhava is good for Sun and Jupiter and weak for Moon, Mars, and Mercury.
- The Vedic name for the ninth house is Dharma Bhava. Jupiter is the significator and it is associated with Sagittarius. It is good for Jupiter, Sun, Moon, and Mars. It is weak for Venus and Mercury.
- The tenth house is Karma Bhava, which is the house of Saturn. It is associated with Capricon and is good for Saturn and Mars while being weak for Sun, Moon, and Jupiter.
- The eleventh house is known as Labha Bhava. The Sun is the significator. The house is good for Rahu and Neptune and is weak for Moon.
- The twelve and final house is named Vairagya Bhava, with the significator being Saturn. The house is associated with Pieces. It is good for Jupiter, Sun, Mars, Venus, and Saturn and weak for Moon and Mercury.
Although astrology is a very complex discipline that involves sophisticated science and calculations, it has been in existence for years. A Vedic astrologer studies the planetary positions and the arrangements of the stars to determine how it affects the lives of the people on Earth. The calculations give way to revealing certain courses of events on Earth.